Crystex™ OT 33
Crystex™ OT 33 is a non-blooming vulcanizing agent for unsaturated elastomers.
Major applications and properties
- Crystex OT 33 is polymeric sulfur and is insoluble in elastomers. Consequently it will retard bin scorch, prevent migration of sulfur and preserve surface tack. This is important in the manufacture of tires and other plied-up rubber goods.
- At vulcanization temperatures Crystex OT 33 will de-polymerize to soluble sulfur and will behave similar to “Rubber Maker’s” sulfur.
- Crystex OT 33 is a metastable product which can revert to soluble sulfur if not stored under proper conditions.
- Reversion of Crystex OT 33 to soluble sulfur is also catalyzed by alkaline products. The presence of alkaline accelerators can be critical.
- Crystex OT 33 is used in compounds containing a relatively large sulfur loading above the solubility of sulfur in the elastomer.
- Crystex OT 33 is non-staining and non-discoloring.
- Europe, Middle East, & Africa
- Dagalti Kaucuk Ve Kimyevi, Turkey
- M. Axiotis & Co. S.A., Greece
- Safic Alcan SAS, EU, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine
- Safic Alcan UK LDT, UK
Download the safety data sheet.