In this analytical and critical role, the Pricing and Rebate Analyst will be part of the Business Management team responsible for bringing the best results for the company. You will review the financial performance of the company (pricing, variable margin, revenue, incentives, distribution costs) by customer, region and product line and provide insight as to where we can further improve our margins.
The pricing analyst will take care of accurate pricing execution in the system, contract and formula pricing execution, rebate design and accrual management, rebate credits and payments, analyzing pricing data from industry standards, raw materials, previous sales trends and competitors and provide pricing recommendations that meets the customer and business needs.
The Pricing Analyst’s work is intimately aligned with the business, customer, and market strategies to maximize value creation and value capture. This role requires cross-functional coordination and communication for efficient and effective execution of product and market strategies through the Commercial team and Customer Service.
A great role to build your business acumen and interaction with multiple parts of the company for a future career development within Flexsys!
Role Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Executes the product pricing strategies, including a timely and accurate execution and maintenance of prices in the system in collaboration with business management and sales teams.
- Create and update price formula’s and incentive programs of customers and providing the commercial team with the needed communication.
- Monitor and respond to support requests from Customer Service Representatives and other business partners for all pricing related issues.
- Resolve price discrepancies.
- Analyze market trends, competitive price behavior, raw material trends to provide pricing recommendations to the business line manager in order to maximize value creation.
- Analyze customer purchasing trends, determine projected sales and incentive payout, and calculate and complete payouts.
- Proactively provide analytics, reports, and/or forecast of completion of rebates to key stakeholders.
- Become a subject matter expert for pricing execution and rebates.
What do You Bring?:
- High accuracy in doing your work, with eye for details.
- Understanding and ability to learn pricing-related processes, including strategic pricing practices (e.g. Price Bands, Value in Use vs Next Best Competitive Alternatives, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of SAP for pricing applications and rebate management.
- Able to perform well with tight deadlines.
- Become a business partner – learn and understand business strategies, key initiatives, products.
- Learn, anticipate and meet business needs through proper prioritization.
- Bias for action, ownership and always looking to do things better and smarter.
- Optimistic view in life and willing to realize your own and our bright future.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; business or finance-related degree preferred.
- Prior work experience in an analytical or customer-facing role.
- Experience in price and pricing application system(s) is preferred.
- Capability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; prior project management experience preferred.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient use of standard software packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Capacity and desire for continual learning in Pricing and system tools.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills for problem solving and decision analysis.