As the Flexsys Global Logistics Manager, you will identify and manage third-party service provider(s), who will be responsible for managing external packed warehouses, logistics procurement, customs-trade operations, and the operational execution of sourced carriers (ocean, packed, bulk liquids, rail) to deliver Flexsys’ proprietary materials to end-customers. In addition to that, you will coordinate across site logistics’ facilities and planning departments. You have a key role in the coordination of logistics operations and the performance management of Flexsys’ Logistics Service Providers globally. Accountabilities include:
- Development and Execution of Flexys’ global logistics strategy to achieve business objectives.
- Selection and Management of global 3PL provider(s) to deliver logistics solutions.
- Coordinating the negotiation of commercial agreements with suppliers from initial discussion, through to contract development and implementation.
- Conducting 3rd party supplier spend analysis to target strategic sourcing opportunities and develop savings pipeline.
- Providing industry-leading service levels for strategic customers.
- Delivering cost savings as part of the international and regional distribution-cost savings targets.
- Cultivating strong internal and external relationships with 3PL at senior and executive levels. Establish yourself as primary liaison between Flexsys and 3rd party providers.
- Conducting activities in strict accordance with company guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure full compliance is achieved.
- Supporting cross-functional partners and providing input on projects and strategic objectives.
- Develop and drive initiatives to achieve Distribution Cost targets and Business Goals.
- Maintain strong Supply & Demand knowledge for various modes of transportation and warehousing to enable Flexsys to take prompt advantage of changes in market conditions.
- Develop freight rate projections, compile benchmark data, and gather market intelligence.
- Offer creative solutions to optimize distribution network.
- Provide guidance for differentiated distribution offer elements and service levels based on customer segmentation across regions.
As Logistics Manager, you offer excellent managerial, analytical and communication skills. You are culture sensitive and have a well-developed interpersonal sensitivity. You communicate effectively with a variety of people across multiple cultures and functions, and you work according to high ethical standards.
You are strategic thinker with business acumen who enjoys translating a strategy into executional actions to achieve the desired outcome.
You have excellent negotiation and commercial skills, paired with relationship development skills. You are self-motivated, with a proactive attitude and accountability for delivering results.
You are a courageous leader with a bias for action, and the ability to build and inspire a team that reports directly or indirectly to you.
You are at an advanced level in problem solving & decision making, results orientation, and you perform best in a team environment. You offer strong organization and planning skills and have a structured and methodological way of working. You have the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field.
- Global Experience (>10 years) in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain, Materials Management within the chemicals industry, across all transportation modes.
- History of 3PL management (domestic and international).
- Experience in an international leadership role within the chemical industry is mandatory (> 3 years).
- Experience with business process and work process development in supply chain/ logistics.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Experience in Sales Force is a plus but not required.
- APICS, Lean Sigma, or CPM certification is a plus but not necessary.
- Global travel required.